PhD Research Track Drug Development
About the research track
This thematic track brings together researchers active in the field of Drug Development and Discovery, in both pre-clinical and clinical phases. The aim is to cover different computational and experimental aspects of drug development such as, but not limited to, medicinal chemistry, toxicity, pharmacokinetics, metabolism, studies in biological systems, pharmaceutical formulation and production.
Please send an email to the track leaders to receive information about track-relevant events on a regular basis.
Click here to view biographies of PhD students who are part of this research track.
We announce seminars to our participants via our email list. Seminars will cover both scientific presentations, emerging research areas as well as the development of “soft skills”, such as presentations, CV’s and paper writing.
The Track Day in Drug Development will take place on Thursday November 23rd, 2023, 09.30-17.00h.
The topic for this year’s track day will be on antibiotic research and we will announce a program soon.
The following courses are targeted specifically towards the research track in Drug Development:
- Methods in Metabolomics and Metabolism
- Uppsala Pharmacometrics Summer School 2023 (Uppsala University, https://www.farmaci.uu.se/research/pharmacometrics/Upss/
- Molecular Imaging with Focus on PET (Uppsala University, https://www.uu.se/en/admissions/master/selma/kursplan/?kKod=3FK285&lasar=)
- Postgraduate course on intellectual property and commercialisation in collaboration with PRV (UUI, https://www.uuinnovation.uu.se/ip-course/)
- Preclinical Safety Assessment and Pharmacovigilance (Uppsala University, https://www.uu.se/en/admissions/freestanding-courses/course/?kKod=3FX211&typ=1)
- Human Cell Culture - Methods and applications (Uppsala University)
- NorDoc Summer School 2023, August 2023 (Uppsala University, https://www.medfarm.uu.se/admissions/research-schools/nordoc-en/)
- Summer schools on "Micro and Nano Sensors" and "Drug Delivery", Aug-Sept 2023 (DTU Health Tech, Copenhagen, https://www.healthtech.dtu.dk/education/drug-sensor-summerschools)
- Advanced Molecular Technology and Instrumentation for Proteome Analyses (SciLifeLab)
We will continuously update with information on this page, regarding track-relevant courses at Uppsala University or elsewhere.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the track, ideas for seminars, track days or courses!
Madlen is an Associate Professor in Drug Development with a special focus on Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology at the Department of Pharmacy at Uppsala University. Her research expertise combines nanoformulations for drug delivery and cellular biology, where she merges fundamental and applied biology.
Elin is an Associate Professor in Pharmacometrics with focus on Global Health at the Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University. She has extensive experience from clinical development of novel anti-tuberculosis regimens and is part of multiple international drug development consortia.